4/19/10

Loss of words

Sometimes there are no words. Maybe labor and effort push out the words. That may be a blessing. As we continue our schedule of neurobiofeedback, equestrian therapy beginning again with Spring, and our home-therapy (physical- workouts, speech- speech book exercises, ocupational- fine motor skills; writing, dressing, bathing, personal care, light chores), Ely has entered into a phase of resistance. Rather than engage in therapy, she wants to watch dvds. Movies. She becomes frustrated as I require home-therapy. I very often sit inside this not knowing how to proceed with her. Encourage her into therapy? Yes. When she rages against it? Love her and stand-- offering support.
God, what are You shaping in me at this time? Patience, endurance, gentleness in the face of resistance?
My awareness of my lack of being ENOUGH is painfully obvious.
In those moments of weakness, I am reminded- MYGRACE IS SUFFICIENT.
Why are you downcast, O my soul, and why are you troubled within me?
Hope in God for I shall yet praise Him.
Hope in God, I'll trust in His holy name.
YOU are my joy. You are my everything. --song by Brady Toops
This song has lifted me as I continue this walking out... step... trust... stand... trust... cry... trust... breath... trust... pray... trust... rejoice... dance!
The reasons for this entire experience are so much bigger than me and my ability to understand. God has allowed me this place of continuous opportunities to TRUST.
Blessed are the poor in spirit... I am a beggar. I must come to Him for everything. He is my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment